MusicProducers.pl / Produkcja muzyki / Poradniki / Forum
DEEP MTK - Hold You [ext] - Wersja do druku

+- MusicProducers.pl / Produkcja muzyki / Poradniki / Forum (https://musicproducers.pl)
+-- Dział: FORUM (https://musicproducers.pl/forum-forum)
+--- Dział: Archiwum (https://musicproducers.pl/forum-archiwum)
+--- Wątek: DEEP MTK - Hold You [ext] (/temat-deep-mtk-hold-you-ext)

MTK - Hold You [ext] - mtk - 14.05.2016

Efekt moich pierwszych krokow w produkcji. Bede wdzieczny za jakikolwiek feedback!

RE: MTK - Hold You [ext] - Shabboo Harper - 14.05.2016

Przyjemne, urokliwe, "przytulne" 7:14. Jest melodyjnie; z pięknie wyważonym Flow, z krztynę uciążliwym fx'em; lekko jednolitym Basslinem i nie do końca precyzyjnie "uchwyconymi" (w miksie) "przejściami". Kick w Intro ubożuchny ^^; potem zbyt "stateczny"; Hi Hat'y niepotrzebnie tak ciche. Jednakże to tylko drobne (!) szczegóły natury technicznej. Nastrój, który wykreowałeś jest chwytliwy, wręcz uwodzicielski; acz (w takowej wersji "extension") nużący. "Hold You", jeśli rzeczywiście jest... "efektem Twoich pierwszych kroków w produkcji" brzmi veeeery okey. Szczerze Ci gratuluję.
PS. MTK, witaj w MP :)

RE: MTK - Hold You [ext] - Brisk Bullet - 14.05.2016

Czuje deepowy ''flow'' i aromat przenikliwych dzwiekow. Troche jak z 80 lat tylko nowsze bardziej undergroundowe. Calkiem ciekawe.
Efekty mi niepasuja bo za krotkie i brakuje ''stabow'' tzw. pojedynczych dzwiekow...
Dziwny aranz od 4:26 jest glowna czesc utworu powinna zakonczyc sie na 5:30, a potem kolejne 30 sec to ''zbedny'' refren, ktory wyskoczyl kiedy juz spodziewalem sie zakonczenia...
Brakuje ''main'' wokalu, bo troche monotonne...3

RE: MTK - Hold You [ext] - tobik1980 - 15.05.2016

Witaj, jeżeli faktycznie to są twoje początki to Stary...jestem pod wielkim wrażeniem! Masz wyczucie, a w tym gatunku to chyba najważniejsze. Twój kawałek opowiada historię i trzyma klimat. Co do brzmienia, jest również całkiem w porządku. Kręcę się w podobnych klimatach, także klikam "Follow" na Soundcloud. Zapraszam również do posłuchania moich :) Ode mnie 5!

RE: MTK - Hold You [ext] - Quantum Spark - 15.05.2016

Zajebisty klimat, chiloutowo, leniwy, letni, uwielbiam takie traczki.

Co do kategorii to nie wiem czy trafiona, ja ostatnio trochę słucham traczków z top 100 Beatporta.
I raczej ten traczek nie do końca mieści się deepie :)
Ale to nieważne.

Bardzo fajny traczek, może melodię można by trochę urozmaicić bo dość długo gra, dość jednostajni.
Ale ogólnie przyjemnie się słuchało, wykonanie też, jak na moje ucho ( i skromy sprzęt ;) bardzo dobre, może nie na "beatportowym" poziomie ( to dla mnie jakiś odnośnik, bo chyba o to chodzi, że by wstawić to do jakiegoś sklepu ;) ale dość blisko.
Myślę 4,5 się należy :)

RE: MTK - Hold You [ext] - mtk - 15.05.2016

Wielkie dzieki za poswiecenie czasu i prawdziwy feedback - to dla mnie bardzo wazne! Kazdy comment wnosi cos nowego, co ciezko jest na poczatku dostrzec samemu sluchajac na okraglo tych samych dzwiekow przez kilka tygodni ;)

Podzielam wlasciwie kazda Wasza wskazowke/uwage - ubogie intro, zbyt rozwleczona druga czesc powoduje pewna monotonie, koniec w okolicach 5:30 bylby bardziej wskazany, staby! - zdecydowanie by ten kawalek mogly urozmaicic i koniecznie trzeba zrobic dla nich miejsce.

Pomimo tych bledow, ciesze, ze udalo mi sie osiagnac odwzorowanie klimatu, ktory mialem w glowie (chill, deep, summer, '80) i stworzenie wrazenia 'opowiedzianej historii' - to bylo dla mnie na tym etapie najwazniejsze. Teraz czas sie skupic na kwestiach technicznych. Siadam do dalszej nauki i robienia nastepnych kawakow, bo poziom beatportowy to jest to, co rzeczywiscie mnie interesuje :)

Przy okazji - wstawilem ten kawalek na ponad 10 roznych forow (glownie zagranica), ale to wlasnie tutaj dostalem najbardziej konstruktywny i szczegolowy feedback. Wielkie dzieki i duzy szacunek dla Was!

Ponizej - zwrotka od Arthur Galestian z AUDIU.net! Moze komus sie przyda, zeby wyciagnac jakies wnioski dla siebie albo chociaz zeby zobaczyc jak taki feedback rzeczywiscie wyglada. Kosztowala ok. 200pln, ale polecam zainwestowac chociaz raz w kawalek co do ktorego jestescie przekonani, bo dostajecie za to szczegolowe informacje od ludzi, ktorzy rzeczywiscie znaja sie na temacie.

Swoja droga - duza czesc pokrywa sie z Waszymi uwagami :)

---------------------

First Impressions
00:00 Super clean intro, sounds nice and crisp, well-balanced. The airy pads and soothing chord progressions have caught my attention.
00:15 Still engaged, curious to hear where this is going.
00:20 Nice use of delay on the percussion to create atmosphere.
00:30 Nice delivery! Got my head grooving here. That bassline could sound fatter. The claps/snares are a little too wet and command too much intention in the mix. I'll explain later.
01:10 I like how you transition from one phrase to another. Good job at building tension in between these breaks.
01:20 The vocals are not really comprehensible at all. They take up a lot of room when they come in, drowning out the rest of the song. Definitely need to get these vocals hi-passed and pushed farther back in the mix. Maybe a bit too wet also.
02:15 Very nice melodies coming in. This is great!
02:30 This is beautiful... well done, especially for only being a year in as a producer.
02:45 Nice! Those hats lift up the track. Well placed. Again, the vocals are taking away from the tune. I'll elaborate on this later.
03:20 Arpeggio running through the breakdown is great, keeps the track moving forward.
03:50 The snare coming in here gives the track a good lift up from the breakdown. You may also consider layering 1/16th shakers on top.
04:25 Great! My only big suggestion is addressing that vocal again, which is really taking away from the tune. It sounds like it could be out of key from the rest of the tune, as well, so consider re-pitching it. To find out what key its in now, use a spectral analyzer and see where it peaks. For example, if it peaks at 440hz, it's in the key of A. Ableton Live's Spectrum Analyzer will show you the key just underneath the frequency in the bottom-left. If you're not using Live, you can also refer to this chart: http://www.phy.mtu.edu/~suits/notefreqs.html. Once you know what key your sample is in, you can re-pitch it up and down with x semitones. Example, if your sample is in A, but your song is in A#, you would pitch the sample up by 1 semitone.
Also, when you remove the vocal sample around 05:05, it's suddenly gone. You could try slowly filtering it out with a low-pass filter, so the change is more gradual.
05:25 Good lead to the outro.
05:30 I wouldn't bring the vocals back in anymore. You took them out earlier, I would leave them left out. The track experiences a dip in energy, then the vocals bring the energy back up, which goes against the natural flow of the arrangement.
06:00 Leading to the intro... I'm noticing how much reverb the snares/claps have. If you have the same reverb running through the entire track, you are definitely causing some issues with muddiness. More on this later.
07:00 Overall, GREAT tune... super enjoyable, fun, and I can easily imagine myself driving down the coastline of California in a convertible listening to this.

Strongest Point
The strongest point of this tune are the beautiful layers of melodies. The tune really is pleasant to listen to, and 7 minutes flies by very quickly.
Weakest Point
The weakest point is the use of the vocal sample, it takes away from the track tremendously.
Suggested Strategy
OK! Here are some suggestions that will help you to improve.

BASSLINE: Your bassline sounds good. One suggestion I can make for you to fatten them up, if you want to, is to experiment with a set of plug-ins by Camel Audio. Specifically, there is one plug-in that they make called CamelPhat. Used correctly, it does an excellent job of thickening up your basslines. I'd experiment with it to see how it affects your sound. The company is no longer around, so they were giving away the plug-ins for free for a while. Worth looking into!

SNARES/CLAPS: The snares you have chosen are fitting for the sound you are going for, but they are drenched in way too much reverb. I'm concerned that this is costing you space on the frequency spectrum, and muddying up your mix. I would consider lowering the amount of reverb on your snares/claps. You could also experiment with making the reverb darker (low-pass the reverb only), as it's super bright now. The snares, as they are now, are demanding too much attention from not just the listener, but from the overall spectrum of frequencies.

VOCAL FX: This is where my biggest qualm is. I like how you've chosen to use this vocal sample as a sort of ambient effect, but as soon as it comes in, the entire mix quality is compromised. As it is now, it sits too loudly in the mix. I think it would be much more effective if you used it more subtly, and pushed it back farther in the mix. Also, the low-end of the sample seems to really clash with the rest of the elements. I would suggestion hi-passing this even more, so the more "female" sound of the sample shines through. You have a lot of delays on that sample as well, consider toning that down, and definitely make sure that the reverb is not being applied to the lower frequencies. I would shave everything under 500-800hz off completely. Easing off on the delays and reverb would also make the sample more comprehensible.
Completeness / Credibility
Indie dance meets new wave and nu-disco, it's a solid tune, and one that I could easily find myself listening to. Very enjoyable, and nicely done.
Market / Appeal
I think this tune does have market appeal. I would apply some the notes I mentioned earlier, and table it for now.
Character / Sound Choices
Super appropriate for your genre!
Arrangement / Flow
Your arrangement is well done. There's a solid flow to the tune, the breakdowns come at the right time, and when the groove is delivered, you get my head moving back and forth.

The only suggestion I have with regards to your arrangement, is the comment I made earlier about leaving the vocal sample out once you've removed it. Check my First Impressions about the 05:30 section.
Mixdown / Professionalism
My initial impression of the mixdown was that it's clean and well done. If you apply the strategies I mentioned earlier, you will hear much more clarity in your overall mix, as well. Reverbs and delays can be tricky. They take up a lot of space, and often we don't need to have long delays on them, as much as we think we do. If you do decide to keep long delays on the reverb, make sure you're applying the reverb only to the mids and highs using a high-pass filter. Reverb on the low-end quickly causes issues, if done incorrectly.

----------------

RE: MTK - Hold You [ext] - fysek - 17.05.2016

Widzę aspekty produkcyjne wyżej wymienione, jak dla mnie to kawałek idealny na nocne, letnie przejazdzki, 4/5 za klimat.

RE: MTK - Hold You [ext] - Medit - 18.05.2016

Klimacik spoko, melodycznie jak najbardziej jestem za, sound design synthów fajny. Odrobinkę lepszy mixdown by nie zaszkodził. Używałbym też fx'ów z nieco lepszym wyczuciem (niekiedy też miałem wrażenie, że są zbyt głośno/źle ułożone w miksie). Ten phaserowy downlifter na 3:50 pociągnąłbym dłużej, ma fajne brzmienie. Przystopowałbym też z użyciem tego wokalnego fx'a. Nieco nie pasuje imo. Jeszcze bym przyciął ogólnie tak o minutę kawałek. Pod koniec już zaczyna się dłużyć i powtarza się.